VACANCY: Project Manager – Appropriate Technology Enabled Development Center (ATED)
The Foundation for Partnership Initiatives in the Niger Delta (PIND) is a non-profit organisation established by Chevron Corporation to provide support for socio-economic development programmes in the Niger Delta. The Foundation is funding programmes in partnership with other donors and implementing organisations from the public and private sector. PIND seeks to create a dynamic, multi-stakeholder partnership that takes full advantage of the synergies involving diverse organisations and interests.
The Foundation is seeking for qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below;
Project Manager – Appropriate Technology Enabled Development Center (ATED)
Job Location – Warri
The position holder will provide visionary strategic leadership to the ATED team and programmes which encompass technological choices and applications that are generally small scale, labour intensive, energy efficient, environmentally sound, culturally suitable and locally controlled. The current areas of programme focus are WASH, energy efficiency & renewables, and technology support for the agricultural value chains within PIND’s Market Development Projects (aquaculture, palm oil production and cassava). The position holder will lead the ATED team, build networks and funding opportunities, promote ATED’s initiatives and community projects, undertake advocacy outreach to facilitate progress, and work collaboratively with leadership across PIND in order that ATED’s goals are met.
- Ensure progress on, and development of the ATED strategic plan
- Serve as the renewables and energy efficiency area of focus expert
- Provision of technical services and consultation on Appropriate Technology application with a view to improving life and livelihood and fostering behaviour change and adoption of methods and materials
- Provide strategic guidance in the development of training programmes, in particular development of the Centre of Excellence in WASH training, staff capacity building, and curricula development for AT dissemination.
- Promote effective and efficient AT education, research, and professional practice and the fostering of knowledge-into-practice;
- Develop and create opportunities for interchange and cooperation between academics and practitioners.
- Networking and partnership building
- Conduct adaptive research and advise management on Appropriate Technologies in specific areas of interest of the Foundation which is low-cost, easy to manufacture and emphasizes community self-reliance
- Engage in advocacy to create an enabling environment that catalyzes growth in the application of appropriate technologies
- Any other duty as assigned by supervisor or management.
A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Development Studies or any relevant field.
Knowledge, skills & experience
- 12-14 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of the principles of appropriate technology
- Understanding of appropriate technology which is low-cost, accessible and emphasizes on community reliance
- Understanding of energy conservation and renewable energy systems in remote indigenous communities Specialist in the area of Appropriate Technology approaches
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to organize and complete multiple projects in an efficient and timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to effectively interact with a diverse team of people and build effective relationships with outside stakeholders
- Ability to deal with a fast paced environment with changing work priorities.
- Knowledge and understanding of Niger Delta terrain
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Method of Application
Application and CV’s with the job title clearly indicated as the subject of the mail should be sent to; firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, December 9th, 2016